Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:29:55 +0000
From:      Chip Wiegand <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        ScaryG <freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu>
Cc:        andrebsd@yahoo.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VNC Config

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 21:53:20 -0500
ScaryG <freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:54:49 -0800 (PST)
> Andre Elferink <andrebsd@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Im running a box with freebsd 4.5, got vnc server
> > running and all, but when i connect remotely it starts
> > up X Desktop, im wondering how id make it load KDE
> > 2.2.2 on the remote screen.
>
>  In your home directory, look in .vnc
>
>  There's a xstartup file in there that is very much like your normal
> .xinitrc. Just edit the file to start up KDE like you had to do with
> .xinitrc
>
> startkde &

On mine I commented out the last line to load twm and added
exec startxfce
and it works great.
Get this - heh,heh, I am sitting in front of my fbsd box, vnc'd into a
win98 box. In the vnc-win98 window I am vnc'd back into my fbsd box,
what a kick! Not too useful, but interesting none the less.

--
Chip