Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 1999 02:23:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      FreeBSD Question <question@blink.dhs.org>
To:        "David S. Jackson" <dsj@dsj.net>
Cc:        "Bill A. K." <billieakay@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More on Ensoniq AudioPCI (was: Re: Ensoniq AudioPCI)

Only PCM is supported if you use Luigi. (I am not sure if he is still
developing or not, but guess not..never seen any newer releases)
NO midi, synth, sequencer, yet..just PCM.  Mixer is of course there , but
it won't display in /dev/sndstat output.  If your device is pcm1, for the
THIRD time, all your audio device number must be 1. (audio1, dsp1, mixer1,
etc)
you can do this by "cd /dev; ./MAKEDEV snd1"

That's it, happy PCM'ing.

Byung