Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 12:37:38 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
Cc:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make world time???/

> >Throw away this. You don't need bounce buffers.
>
> This is probably the one thing that has never made any sense to me, in
> spite of the fabulous missives people have written on it.  (And I have
> saved a few along the way...this is my own failing.)  When do I need
> this?

When you have an ISA machine with a DMA bus-mastering controller (the
adaptec 1542B), and more than 16MB of memory.

Other than some very *minor* instances of bogus hardware, that's it.  If
I had more memory to put into my box at home I'd need bounce buffers
since it fits the bill, but it's only got 16MB of memory in it.

Nate