Date:      Wed, 4 Jul 2001 17:32:37 +0100
From:      "SD" <s.d@subdimension.com>
To:        "Richard Cotrina" <rcc@demo.telefonica.com.pe>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Cant get Adaptec 1520 SCSI (ISA Bus) to work in 4.3

Hi Richard / Freebsd-questions

Thought I would update as I got this to work ;-)
- may help another poor soul somewhere.

OK , I had to disable Plug&Pray in the Adaptec 'scsi select' bios util
Kept the controller on IRQ 11 though.
Opened the PC and set the dips on the card manually to the same adressing
that it had been previously while in P&P mode - I made a note before setting
out with this -)

Entered the PC (Award) BIOS and set IRQ 11 to be handled by / reserved for
'Legacy ISA'

aic0 in the kernel now means card is probed and recognised on boot without
hitch, and my SCSI HD hanging off of it is mountable as /dev/da0s1
Its fairly slow though .. but its a supplemetary drive for storage only
really ..
(as cablemodem gets installed tomorrow .. ;-)

Job done - happy chappy

Thanks for all the suggestions folks

SD