Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 2002 15:11:17 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-2?Q?Micha=B3?= Pasternak <doc@lublin.t1.pl>
To:        "Brian T. Schellenberger" <bts@babbleon.org>
Cc:        =?iso-8859-2?Q?Micha=B3?= Pasternak <mpasternak@lublin.t1.pl>, "Person, Roderick" <personrp@ccbh.com>, "'Carl Makin'" <carl@xena.IPAustralia.gov.au>, emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Staroffice 6.0 failing on FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE

Brian T. Schellenberger [Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 09:04:36AM -0400]:
> On Wednesday 10 April 2002 08:59 am, Micha³ Pasternak wrote:
> | Person, Roderick [Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 08:52:22AM -0400]:
> | > Is this the 6.0 beta? If so the beta trial has expired and thier beta
> | > software no longer runs. This happened to me on Windows. I was assuming
> | > it would do the same on *nix.
> |
> | Well, NetBSD users can run OpenOffice 641C without any emulation. Maybe you
> | should try switching to other OS?
>
> I realize that you are trying to stir up trouble rather to actually help, but

Why do you say so? I use both NetBSD and FreeBSD. I have no problems with
running OpenOffice on NetBSD. FreeBSD's port of native OpenOffice is still
undone, AFAIK.

> OpenOffice != StarOffice

Yes, just like Mozilla != Netscape. OpenOffice (at least up to 6.0BETA) has
the same sources as StarOffice, but it is newer, than StarOffice. Do you
have TTF antialiasing in SO 6BETA? I doubt.

If you wonder what should you rather run - Star or Open, I suggest Open. If
you wonder what OS should you choose and you consider BSD, I suggest Net.

--
/* Michal Pasternak, http://mp.w.lub.pl, +48606570000 */