Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 23:09:26 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Marc Lehmann <pcg@goof.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pgcc-ports file

On Tue, Jun 16, 1998 at 09:54:36PM +0200, Marc Lehmann wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm confused again at the freebsd ports (that never really worked) ;) I just
> got a message stating that:
>
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/ports/lang/pgcc-current.tar.gz
> http://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/packages/lang/pgcc-2.7.2.9.tgz
>
> Are broken. It seems paths are moved every half a year.
>
> Do you have any idea what happened?

Hi Marc,

I removed the pgcc ports. Thought that egcs is the successor.
Was wrong, but I was so busy, that I didn't re-invoke it directly.

But since there was no high demand on this, I didn't activate the
ports again. Now some people seem to want pgcc ...

But I don't want to maintain them, because my ISDN costs are already
too high (really too high !). So I can't maintain these ``biggies''.

Maybe some other people like to maintain pgcc. Another thing is,
that I already maintain many ports. And since I have a new job now,
figure out ;-)

Cc'd to ports.

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm                                http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
     What gives you 90% more speed, for example, in kernel compilation ?