Date:      Mon, 27 May 1996 15:27:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "matthew c. mead" <mmead@Glock.COM>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   more on CHILD_MAX

    Well, I redefined CHILD_MAX to 128 in the kernel.  I didn't
touch the syslimits.h #define of 40.  I can now run 48 processes,
and when I try a 49th it says "job table full" rather than the
error I got when trying the 41st which was "resource temporarily
unavailable."  This is all under 2.1R.  Any ideas on what to do
to allow more processes per user than this?  The LINT file says
all that is necessary is the kernel option I specified, but that
appears to be wrong.  Thanks in advance!

-matt

--
Matthew C. Mead

mmead@Glock.COM