Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 1997 20:40:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Objective C

I have just finished working with David Stes for his Objective C compiler,
and I have a problem.  The thing needs a binary of itself to compile
itself the first time, so I went thru the work with David to create one,
but mine's linked with current libs.  I don't want to exclude anyone using
2.1.6 or 2.2, but unless someone has a system with those available,
there's no way to create those.

The hard part's already done, figuring out the mods that had to be made,
and I used the linux port he has as the bootstrap.  If anyone wants to do
a little work with me (who has either 2.1.6 or 2.2) then I'll give
instructions, and we'll have some more options for folks.  You need either
2.1.6 or 2.2, and a working linux-libs port from ports.

Volunteers?

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |