Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 08:45:34 -0500
From:      rafege@mail.com (G.E. Rafe)
To:        davidh@apdata.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Feedback on which Laptop to choose

!I am in the process of finding a current model laptop that will run FreeBSD
!well, particularly from the 10/100 LAN perspective.
!
!The machines I have to choose from are:
!
!IBM A30
!Dell Inspiron 8100
!Dell Inspiron 4100
!Dell Inspiron 2500
!Toshiba Satellite 1800
!Toshiba Satellite Pro
!
!Any feedback would be appreciated.

I gave the Toshiba Satellite 1800 a try a little while back,
and returned it because APM suspend/resume wasn't working.
I upgraded to a Satellite Pro 4600, which is behaving well.
Only downside -- Trident CyberBlade/XP isn't supported in the
XFree86-4.1.0 "trident" driver -- the "vesa" driver, however,
is performs acceptably.

--
Gary E. RAFE, PhD
rafege@mail.com