Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 14:32:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Damon Hammis <squirrel@hammis.com>
To:        keith@mail.telestream.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Off Topic Solaris question

I hear ya there.  I work in an AIX/HPUX/Solaris shop right now and it
sucks horribly, compared to my last job where everything was FreeBSD.  My
co-workers here in the Unix Dept both think that Linux would be better
than Solaris or HPUX, but the powers that be want to have someone to yell
at when things don't work right *and* support if/when something breaks.  I
tried explaining to them that this list is better than any pay support
that I've ever used and doesn't cost my company a couple million a year in
support.

Probably one of the best things about FreeBSD, imnsho, is that it runs on
PC hardware and replacement parts are easy to come by, cheap, and easy to
replace by someone in house, which helps out when you have a down machine
and don't want to wait 4 hours or longer for a Sun or HP tech to get to
you to put in a new memory chip or processor.  Seems like a waste to me.

Anyways..enough off topic ramblings for me today. ;)

--Damon