Date:      Thu, 22 Jan 1998 15:44:01 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        shimon@simon-shapiro.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Strange CVS behavior

> In reaction to ``mkdir foo; cvs add foo''  I am getting:
>
> $ cvs add dpt_ctlinfo
> require: not found

Umm, I'd say that you are using the FreeBSD repository w/out any local
modifications to the files in CVSROOT, which is indeed a bad thing to
do.  The repository requires perl5 to be installed, and apparently the
scripts aren't using perl and/or they aren't using perl5.

The moral of the story is to not use the stuff in CVSROOT w/out knowing
what they do. :) :)

Nate