Date:      Mon, 02 Feb 1998 05:16:10 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/bt848.tar.gz

Just committed an update to the bt848 driver.

The driver can also be found thru http://www.freebsd.org/~ahasty/Bt848.html

Bugs/Enhancements:

1. Takeshi Ohashi <ohashi@atohasi.mickey.ai.kyutech.ac.jp> submitted
   code to support bktr_read . /usr/src/share/examples/rgb24.c now works 8)

2. Flemming Jacobsen <fj@schizo.dk.tfs.com> submitted code to support
   radio available in some bt848 based cards;additionally, wrote
   code to correctly recognized his bt848 card.

   Sample code to use the radio:

/*
** radio.c - Manipulate the radio mode of bt848 based video cards.
**
** This program doesn't fully initialize the card. Start and stop fxtv
**  to do this. Then use this program to set the radio frequency.
**
** Flemming Jacobsen 971130, fj@login.dknet.dk
*/

#include <stdio.h>
#include <errno.h>
#include <sys/fcntl.h>
#include <sys/ioctl.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

#define TUNER
#include <machine/ioctl_bt848.h>

main(int argc, char **argv)
{
  int arg=0;
  int quit=0;
  int tuner;
  double f;

  if((tuner=open("/dev/tuner0",O_RDONLY)) < 0) {
    perror("/dev/tuner0");
    exit(1);
    }

  if(argc>1 && !strcmp(argv[1],"-quit")) {
    quit=1;
    argc--;
    argv++;
    }

  if(argc != 2) {
    fprintf(stderr,"Usage: radio [-quit] <frequency>\n");
    fprintf(stderr,"I.e.   radio 103.2\n");
    exit(1);
    }

  f=atof(argv[1]);

  arg=0;
  if(ioctl(tuner,TVTUNER_SETAFC,&arg)) {
    perror("TVTUNER_SETAFC");
    exit(1);
    }

  arg=(int)(f*100);
  if(ioctl(tuner,RADIO_SETFREQ,&arg)) {
    perror("RADIO_SETFREQ");
    exit(1);
    }

  if(quit)
    exit(0);

  fclose(stdin); fclose(stdout); fclose(stderr);
  select(0,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL);
}

3. Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk> submitted various fixes to smooth
   out the microcode .

4. Added supported for yuv12 so we know can capture raw streams and feed it
   to mpeg_encoder . The upshot is that we can now mpeg encode more and save
   nearly 100 percent of the disk requirements previously for programs such
   as fxtv first save the raw video image to disk then converted to a
   format suitable for mpeg_encode.

	Enjoy,
	Amancio