Date:      Thu, 13 May 1999 10:28:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Wayne Cuddy <wayne@crb-web.com>
To:        Jerry Dunham <jdunham@freeside.fc.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   more strangeness Re: Laptop will not reboot

Model No: PPL
LATITUDE CP M233ST

I am using 3.1 Release. I was able to solve the reboot problem by disabling
that parallel port stuff, which I did not want to do.  I think I removed
ppsbus or something like that.  I need to have the reboot as I am using this
for a special task at work.

However I see strange behavior under heavy loads.  If I run a program that
uses little memory but lots of CPU cycles everything gets very slow.  The
mouse cursor in X is about 2 seconds slow.

Also the 'top' command does not show loads correctly, everything is reported
as 0.0%.

The preceding two problems to not show up in the GENERIC kernel, what would I
have changed that would cause this to happen?

Thanks,
Wayne