Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2001 12:18:24 -0800
From:      Michael Morgan <michael.morgan@copleypress.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD firewalls

Hello,

It's been several years since TIS has updated the Firewall Tool Kit.  Is
there something easier to use?  more features?  better security?

My goal is to share a DSL connection with 3 computers and protect against
port scanning on my development machine.  The ISP is giving me one static IP
address.  I am familiar with Gauntlet and other commerical firewall products
but don't have much money to invest for home.  VPN is also a requirement.

Any infomation you can share is appreciated -- web sites,
product/distribution recommendations, etc.

I prefer BSD over Linux for many reasons... it's more robust, there is less
scope creep and a much longer tradition in the unix community.

Thanks in advance,

Michael