Date:      Sun, 1 Jul 2001 12:31:05 -0700
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cristjc@earthlink.net>
To:        RJ45 <rj45@slacknet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: information about IPF

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 12:11:30PM -0600, RJ45 wrote:

> Hello,
> I have to implement a firewall design using FreeBSD+IPF.
> THe problem is what will be the future of IPF inside FreeBSD??

Last I knew, there were no plans to remove IPFilter. The most
significant thing to happen was moving some files around in the source
tree. Darren himself is the one who maintains IPF in FreeBSD. And now
since Darren reworded his license to be BSD-ish, there would be no
reason to reconsider again.

I am curious about PF, tho'. ;)