Date:      Sun, 21 Jan 2001 13:31:34 +0000
From:      Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        alex@big.endian.de
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, iedowse@maths.tcd.ie
Subject:   Re: ed pccards/Netgear FA-410-TX with miibus

In message <20010121102327.A3353@cichlids.cichlids.com>, alex@big.endian.de wri
tes:
>Wasn't there patches available for ed pccards with a miibus controller
>(e.g.the NetGear FA-410-TX controller)?

Yes, I have patches which add MII bus support to many ed pccard ethernet
controllers that probe as 'Linksys'. Patches against -current are
available at:

	http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~iedowse/FreeBSD/

Now that the '0x80000' flags changes have been MFC'd, these should
apply almost cleanly to -stable too.

There seem to be some problems with autonegotiation though - it
generally works for me, but takes a bit longer than expected (~5s).
I haven't had time to investigate this too deeply.  However, manual
media selection via 'ifconfig ed0 media' should work fine.

Ian