Date:      Tue, 3 Jul 2001 14:30:48 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Iasen Kostoff <tbyte@tbyte.org>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: adding a route to host via interface

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 05:40:07PM +0300, Iasen Kostoff wrote:
> >
> > 	Problem is that adding a route to host throw interface adds
> > inerface as gateway (iface's lladdr). And you should manualy change lladdr
> > of this route to the real lladdr.
> >
> > this is it:
> >
> > route add -host foo -iface bar
> > arp -s foo real_lladdr_of_foo
> >
> > Is that realy a problem or I'm missing something ?
> >
> Try this:
>
> route add -host foo -link bar:real_lladdr_of_foo -llinfo -interface

But if I don't know the lladdr - because now I should use tcpsump(1) with
-i iface -e to see the lladdr of the client and when they change their GW
computer or its Lan card I should do that again (and if am not around they
don't have inet ofcourse) but if they are connected on cisco router that
do not hapen because I'm not routing to lladdr but throw iface.

Can that be fixed some how ?