Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2000 11:44:44 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        colin christopher winters <ccwinter@students.uiuc.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sound card problems

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 11:46:41PM -0500, colin christopher winters wrote:
> I'm trying to get my CMI 8330 sound card installed under BSD.  I switched
> from linux, and here's what i used to enable the card under it:
> sb io=0x220 dma=1 dma16=5 irq=5 mpu_io=0x330
> ad1848 io=0x530 irq=7 dma=0 soundpro=1
> However, I can't figure out a way to get it going .  I've tried using just
> device pcm, using device pcm and the sbc0 device with my settings at the
> same time,  device pcm0 with the settings i used previously...everything.
> The best I can get playing mp3s is a few seconds of the start of the song
> repeated through static, then i get a pcm0 device timeout error, and after
> that i can't open /dev/dsp.  Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?  I'm
> completely stumped.

	Dunno if this will solve your problem, but here are some things
	to consider.

	Check to be sure you have no duplicate irq's in your dmesg output.
	Second, you may need only

	^device pcm

	in your KERNEL config file.

	Lastly, be sure that your devices are correctly made.

	I've had (still having) problems with an old isa SB16 soundcard.
	Fixing this stuff is an iterative process...

	gary