Date:      Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:06:33 -0400
From:      Wesley Shields <wxs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Josh Carroll <josh.carroll@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new reconfig-recursive target for ports

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 11:28:43AM -0400, Josh Carroll wrote:
> All,
>
> Note: I'm not currently subscribed to ports@, please cc: me on replies.
>
> I was wondering what peoples' thoughts are on a "reconfig-recursive"
> target for ports? Basically, the same as config-recursive, but instead
> of using config-conditional for each dependency, it would use config.
> This might be useful for someone who wants to review dependecies'
> options and/or make changes, but without having to manually iterate
> through them or rmconfig-recursive first.
>
> I figured this might come in handy. Thoughts?

Seems like a rare case where someone would want to re-visit (in this
manner) options they have already set.  That said, it may come in handy.

I think "config-recursive-unconditional" would be a better name as it
fits better with the "config-recursive" target.  Of course, this is just
a bikeshed argument so I don't care what it ends up being called.  ;)

-- WXS