Date:      Sun, 6 Feb 2005 02:11:45 -0500
From:      Matt Aasted <aasted@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Memory and Battery applets

I'm running Gnome 2.8 on a recent version of FreeBSD Stable 5.3 on an
x86 (dell latitude d600) processor, and whenever my system is on the
memory usage shown in the gnome memory monitor slowly climbs to 100%
over the course of about an hour. Gkrellm confirms that it the memory
is slowly going away, even when I'm not interacting with the system.
Should I be concerned about this (is there a memory leak or something
or is the applet just buggy?)

Furthermore, when I was running gnome 2.6 and 5.3 Release the battery
applet would error about apm's non-responsiveness whenever the system
was booted. Now, with 2.8 and stable, it doesn't error but instead
periodically interupts function of mouse and keyboard (about once
every 10 seconds) and therefore makes the system unusable (without
massive frustration). Is this a bug, is this fixable, or should I just
switch to gkrellm until something changes?

-Matt Aasted