Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2000 18:08:29 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
To:        Tim Pozar <pozar@lns.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxtv

Tim Pozar:
 |On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 09:28:01PM -0900, pstern stern wrote:
 |> I notice that if I try to zoom the window it locks the system up tight
 |> after zooming the window. It takes a hard shutdown to restore the
 |> system. When the chaneel is changed or volume is changed the % volume or
 |> channel number never disappear from the screen.
 |
 |I also have problems resizing the window but get the error...
 |
 |	shmget() failed: Cannot allocate memory
 |
 |Clues?

Hmmm.  Interesting.  Do you have:

     options              SYSVSHM

in your kernel config file?

Also, run "ipcs -M".  You should see available shared memory.  Here's what
I see:

     shminfo:
             shmmax: 4194304 (max shared memory segment size)
             shmmin:       1 (min shared memory segment size)
             shmmni:      32 (max number of shared memory identifiers)
             shmseg:       8 (max shared memory segments per process)
             shmall:    1024 (max amount of shared memory in pages)

Finally, if both of the above look good, you could just have orphaned
shared memory lying around.  Run "ipcs -m" and you probably should see a
blank slate.  If not, use "ipcrm" to remove the orphaned shared memory
queues (assumes you're not running apps that allocate shared memory).

Randall