Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 1999 06:10:42 +1000
From:      Greg Black <gjb@acm.org>
To:        Gustavo Vieira Goncalves Coelho Rios <grios@netshell.vicosa.com.br>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: programming

> Does it covers something about memory stack ?
> diffrences among static, volatile e dynamic declarations, etc!!!

K&R covers everything about C.  It doesn't discuss other
languages.

> in C the following code is worng!!!
> for (int a=0;a&~5;a++)

Yes, it's not C.

> The right would be:

> int a;
> for(a=0;a&~5;a++)

That depends on your definition of "right".  It's syntactically
correct, but since it does nothing (as the second expression in
the for statement will never be true), it's not much use.  And,
in any sensible environment, the lack of white space would be
seen as a crime.  It "should" be:  for (a = 0; a & ~5; a++)

Since this is not a FreeBSD question, I won't say any more about
it on the list.

--
Greg Black <gjb@acm.org>