Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 1996 12:25:44 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com (Joe Greco)
Cc:        peter@taronga.com, jkh@time.cdrom.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Replacing sendmail (Re: non-root users binding to ports < 1024 (was: Re: BoS: Exploit for sendmail smtpd bug (ver. 8.7-8.8.2

Joe Greco stands accused of saying:

> While I agree with Jordan's assessment that you are sniffing glue, I
> WOULD agree that it might be reasonable to change the Sendmail bias
> in /etc/sysconfig (etc) to be more generalized, like the way the
> gated/routed switch is currently handled.  One can simply install the
> qmail port (I assume there is one!) and then toggle a few bits.

Sounds like a winner to me too.  Peter, as you know a bit about Qmail,
could you come up with a paragraph or two about it for the handbook?
If it is indeed a secure sendmail replacement, then we should point
people at it in all the "right" places.

I'm sure we can prevail on someone to SGMLify it if you don't grok
SGML (like me, fe.).