Date:      Mon,  9 Jan 2006 11:20:10 +1030 (CST)
From:      "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@lemis.com>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   www/91539: FreeBSD web site renders very badly

>Number:         91539
>Category:       www
>Synopsis:       FreeBSD web site renders very badly
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD wantadilla.lemis.com 6.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 6.0-CURRENT #1: Tue Jul 12 11:57:56 CST 2005 grog@wantadilla.lemis.com:/usr/obj/src/FreeBSD/6-CURRENT/src/sys/WANTADILLA i386

	Not specifically machine related.

	The current web site renders very badly:

	- Text sizes are, in general, far too large.
	- Line spacing is too small for text (texts overlap).
	- Boxes are too small for text (text overflows).
	- Layout leaves far too large margins.  In the default case,
	  up to 40% of the page is left margin, and the text scrolls
	  off beyond the right margin.
	- PR pages (including, presumably, this one) are in ridiculously large text.

	The overall impression is very negative, particularly in
	comparison with other BSD project web sites.  As a result, I'm
	categorizing this PR as "critical" and "high priority".

>How-To-Repeat:

	Using firefox, view:

	http://www.freebsd.org/
	http://www.netbsd.org/
	http://www.openbsd.org/

	Compare the results with
	http://www.lemis.com/grog/Photos-20060109.html.  If they're
	not the same, this may help explain the problem.

>Fix:

	Removing font size specifics from the CSS style sheets might
	be a start.  Also remove margin specifications unless
	absolutely necessary.