Date:      Mon, 29 Dec 2008 22:25:32 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Gabe <nrml@att.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: +ipsec_common_input: no key association found for SA

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Dec 2008, Gabe wrote:
>
>> This is what setkey -Da returns:
>> box# setkey -Da
>> Invalid extension type
>> Invalid extension type
>> box#
>
> you are running with the NAT-T patch (as I see you say further down).
> Try /usr/local/sbin/setkey -Da in that case.

One more thing; if you are comparing SPIs from the log with setkey,
you can also run
tcpdump -s 0 -vv -ln proto 50
and it will show you something like
    ... ESP(spi=0x12345678,seq=0x..),
so you could as well compare what you receive on the wire with what
you get in the log. This would help to eliminiate the case of a
promblematic patch.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                      The greatest risk is not taking one.