Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2001 21:39:18 -0400
From:      "Stephane E. Potvin" <sepotvin@videotron.ca>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD for ARM processor

On Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 03:10:56PM -0500, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> * Stephane E. Potvin <sepotvin@videotron.ca> [010722 07:57] wrote:
> > I tought that some might be interested by this:
> >
> > Copyright (c) 1992-2001 The FreeBSD Project.
> > Copyright (c) 1979, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
> >         The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
> > sysinit->subsystem 0x00800001
> > FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #271: Sun Jul 22 08:36:22 EDT 2001
> >     spotvin@zeus.videotron.ca:/usr/local/users/spotvin/work/FreeBSD/src/sys/arm/
> > compile/NETWINDER
> > sysinit->subsystem 0x01000000
> > <... some more subsystems ...>
> > sysinit->subsystem 0x08400000
> > panic: spin lock (null) held by 0 for > 5 seconds
> > Uptime: 0s
> > Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort
> >
> > If there's any interest, I will continue to keep the list posted of my progresses.
>
> It'd be really cool if you could post your work somewhere along with
> a description of the hardware you're using so we could check it out.
>
> Are there any simulators that you know of?

I'll try to post my work next weekend so people could have a peek at it.

I'm currently using a netwinder 275 for my development. It's a SA110 based
machine with a 21285 (aka footbridge) host controller. You can check
http://www.netwinder.org/ for more details about the machine.

The only simulator that I'm aware of is the one that come with the ARM
Developer Suite from ARM Ltd. Unfortunately, it costs a buch of money (at
least for my budget :) and it only support binaries created with their
toolchain.

Steph