Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 1996 18:48:27 +0000
From:      Grag <grag@fssr.ru>
To:        questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Ethernet and Firewall

Hi all!

I've a FreeBSD 2.1 server connected via ppp link to the Net. This server
attached to our local ethernet network. Local users from theirs
workstations send and receive IP traffic through my server to the
Internet.

The question is:
Has anybody experience in authorization of such users ?
In other words: can I prohibit access of certain local (ethernet) users
to the Internet and allow access to my server simultaneously?
I know I may setup ipfw. But ipfw trust IP source addresses !!
And local users need only change their IP address to bypass ipfw.
Can I trust ethernet addresses ? And how can I do it?

Thanks and excuse my English

Grag