Date:      12 Nov 1999 17:09:31 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mounting an ATAPI-CDROM ?

"Allix Primus" <alleve@idirect.com> writes:

> At boot time it shows wdc0 as the cdrom , but it won't mount . I
> checked the /dev/ and the wdc0 isn't there either. Is there something
> in the kernel I should add ?

Nope, your kernel seems to be recognizing the atapi cdrom at boot.  You
just need to add the device node in /dev for it

	# cd /dev
	# sh MAKEDEV wcd0

and then you can use the usual mount thing to see it's contents

	# mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/wcd0c /mnt

--
Giorgos Keramidas, <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]