Date:      03 Jun 2001 13:02:08 +0200
From:      Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
To:        Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Palm Vx && FreeBSD?

>>>>> "Will" == Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu> writes:

Will> I've got a new Palm Vx.  Does anyone have any recommendations on
Will> specific tools to communicate with it on the serial port?

To sync, i'm using jpilot an syncmal (both from the ports). I've never
succeeded to sync Palm mailapp with the jpilot-mail plugin (i'm still
asking for tips about that).

I'm using ptelnet and TG ssh in order to connect to my FBSD box and
Eudora mail to send and receive mail from/to my palm to/from a
SMTP/POP3 server. Go to Palmgear.com and search in the relevant
categories : some softwares are free, others are sharewares.

To connect to my FBSD box, im using kernel PPP (i've not yet succeeded
with user PPP... any clues ?). You will have to stop it to sync
because it causes conflicts on your serial port.

Yep, Palm Vx is a beautiful beast...

        Hope this helps,
--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1295009478 secondes