Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:25:18 -0500
From:      ice <icefragment@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd on 2nd drive?

I know this has been asked already, but it's a slightly different
problem. Let me explain my situation first: I'm 14 years old without
my own PC. I can't let the FreeBSD bootloader install on the first
drive (Windows XP), because my family is kinda...how should I put
it...n00bish. They would completely freak out at the sight of turning
on the computer and not seeing the XP startup screen.
I'm planning on installing FreeBSD 5.2.1 on the second hard drive in
this computer. I've read over the installation guide and don't see
anything useful about the bootloader being on the non-first drive. My
question is: can I install the FreeBSD bootloader on the second hard
drive and use something like GAG on a floppy to boot it?

ice
--
43rd Law Of Computing: Anything that can go wro
sig: segmentation fault: core dumped