Date:      Fri, 30 Jul 1999 10:03:01 -0400
From:      "Larry W. Cashdollar" <lwcashd@biw.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Kernel compiliation Errors.

Am I attempting to compile the wrong kernel source for FreeBSD 3.2?

This is an error I get when I run the following command:

 test# /usr/sbin/config VAPID
config: line 1: Unknown machine type
config: line 1: syntax error
config: line 3: syntax error
config: line 20: syntax error
config: line 21: syntax error
config: line 23: syntax error
Specify machine type, e.g. ``machine vax''

The lines are as follows:

      1 machine         i386
      2 #cpu            I386_CPU
      3 cpu             I486_CPU
     21 options         CD9660_ROOT             #CD-ROM usable as root. "CD9660"
     22 options         PROCFS                  #Process filesystem
     23 options         COMPAT_43               #Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP T