Date:      Mon, 17 Aug 2009 22:24:32 +0200
From:      "Arno J. Klaassen" <arno@heho.snv.jussieu.fr>
To:        Kamigishi Rei <spambox@haruhiism.net>
Cc:        Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt@mac.com>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rc(8) regression. What's the story?

Kamigishi Rei <spambox@haruhiism.net> writes:

> Arno J. Klaassen wrote:
>> However, if I place kldload if_bge in rc.local (and normal multi-user
>> boot) :
>>
> I'm pretty sure that rc.local is executed after netif.
> Which means that when netif parses ifconfig_bge0, that interface is
> not even present in the system.

my main point is that 'ping' and 'resolv' do not function when
ifconfig_bge0 is started by netif and if_bge loaded at boot, nor in
multi-user neither in single-user and executing netif by hand and then
go multi-user

I ignore how netif or some other mechanism can pick up ifconfig_bge0
when if_bge is kldloaded in rc.local, I can just confirm that when I
leave it out rc.local my ifconfig list only contains lo0

tested with network_interfaces="auto"

Arno