Date:      Sun, 03 Jun 2001 18:14:34 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@grumpy.dyndns.org>
To:        Rick Knebel <rknebel@uplink.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: router

Rick Knebel writes:
> Hi,
>
> I know there are small router boxes that you can use with adsl or
> cable modems to do nat. Is there anything like this for a dialup
> connection?

SMC Barricade series. I have the wireless version, 7004AWBR. Comes with
WAN ethernet port, (3) switched 10/100 ports, lpr parallel printer
port, and serial port for your external modem.

http://shop3.outpost.com/product/16612

I've never tried the serial port but have heard others report that it
works. Am pleased to report that it doesn't require DOS/Windows, not
even to update its firmware.

Apple's Airport Access Point and Orinico's access points have built in
modems that will share between their wireless and single ethernet port.
--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net