Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 1998 18:01:45 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Doug Burks <dbx@aa.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dual booting FreeBSD and FreeBSD

put all 3 root partitions on the same slice
say, a, e and f
then use /boot.conf to select between them.
you will need separate /usr/partitions as well,
common binaries (say in a shared partition) should probably be
from the oldest version as newer version still run older binaries.

you can make a 2nd BSD SLICE to hold more partitions that will be
mounted by /etc/fstab in the  appropriate root partition.

julian