Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 2001 18:51:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Java <java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Java3D

    Has anyone had any luck using Java3D 1.2 with Linux JDK 1.3.0?  I
get a blank AWT window and then it dies with a SIGILL for any
application or demo that I've tried.  This is easy to replicate:

    cd $JAVA_HOME/demos/java3d/HelloUniverse
    java HelloUniverse

It complains about a ton of fonts not found, detects my CPU, thinks
awhile, displays the blank window, and dies.  I've tried recompiling
the source, and I still get the same error.

    I'm using Linux JDK 1.3.0 from Sun, Java3D 1.2 from Blackdown, and
Linux Mesa 3.2.2.

--
Chris BeHanna
Software Engineer