Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 2002 23:13:49 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>, <portmgr@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: libtool-1.3.4_4

On 08/28/02 05:41, "Jens Rehsack" <rehsack@liwing.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> because PHP4-dev - which should become PHP4.3 one fine day - requires
> libtool 1.4 I decided to try upgrade the libtool-port.
>
> But I've seen many patches, and I'm a newbie to install scripts like
> those. My question is: who can I ask if I run into problems and is there
> something I should know / do before?

As part of a reasonably large things to do in terms of unifying the "core
ports" (ie: those that more than 100 or so depend on), I'm working on
providing new libtools, automakes etc, all with pretty makefile knobs to
turn them on and off.

Please bear with me -- such a task, given that it affects over 50% of the
ports tree, is not something to be taken lightly.

But it WILL happen.

-aDe