Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 17:14:53 +0200
From:      Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        usb-bsd@egroups.com, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [usb-bsd] USB error messages talking to D-Link DSB-H3E under  FreeBSD4.0

Bill Fumerola wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 25, 2000 at 12:01:37AM +0100, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
>
> > I don't understand the error message you get, but the Kawasaki driver
> > as distributed with FreeBSD doesn't work with the OHCI conbtroller.
>
> Speaking as someone who has both of the above, why?
>
> I'm sure the driver's author would like to know.

Well, with *my* OHCI controller the Ethernet adapter wedges when the
driver tries to determine if it is being cold booted or not.  Doing a control
transfer with USBD_SHORT_XFER_OK behaves differently on UHCI
and OHCI it seems.  The UHCI driver aborts the status stage, but the OHCI
driver doesn't.
I've changed the way cold boot is tested and now it works for me.

--

        -- Lennart