Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 2014 08:24:14 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
Cc:        office@freebsd.org, Juris Kaminskis <juris.kaminskis@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Libreoffice printing on Freebsd via LPD spooling

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> El día Sunday, January 12, 2014 a las 06:04:25PM -0700, Warren Block escribió:
>
>>> Libreoffice I get following error:
>>>
>>> ./spadmin
>>>
>>> No printers can be installed, because the file system is read-only.
>>> Please contact your system administrator.
>>>
>>> Do you know how to enable printing support on Libre?
>>
>> I looked at that a few weeks ago, and it appears that the error is due
>> to it looking for CUPS even when built without CUPS.  More
>> specifically, I think it's looking for the cupsd server, possibly even
>> just files for it or some other CUPS component.
>
> Just a guess: May be truss or strace could help to see what it is
> missing or locking for.

truss was what I was using.  Ultimately, it would be best to fix LO so
that spadmin and printing can be used without CUPS.
From owner-freebsd-office@FreeBSD.ORG  Mon Jan 13 21:29:46 2014
 h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to
 :cc:content-type;
 bh=qIEN2a5Q/JWmqYWkFlSFMSScQsXQmKtvyiywlUXZRp8=;
 b=dXqqSi5K2nn5Rsm/E883buI6puS3xNdRY4ItHNf2WU+cIvOLGy5og1vYZBXMmVnBIb
 PW1k51746R+WkJjHpFQl11qQgaU430Jr0FTF49tagr0yng+HQzH8lxo9qTuHA/e10g44
 LnT3IrUI4FbxCrkagQ2A9wPjkHMf2NGACn8eNCIynfv3mzdnSOYyIbxe4tbxWiNlZVbu
 izwvEUMvZNKAnPFONkqazPzwadeacFv0AsS1Jn0NKHkzIEOXmSp8jSUXs3+HMn0jrj2o
 aCaAXpXicbkVFAf0bXj2paA+i4fMEeXcXjxlvh8TksYkqZh/xFRFNIoLJaF2S94KBx4N
 BZ3Q==

http://sharetext.org/v2oL