Date:      Sun, 6 Apr 2003 23:07:32 +0200
From:      Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
To:        Markus Dolze <sm4tnp8@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bugs in isdnmonitor?

On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 10:48:53PM +0200, Markus Dolze wrote:
> I4B_MON_EVNT_HDR+I4B_MAX_MON_STRING+8
> but isdnd writes 10 Bytes after the controller string, so with
> #define I4B_MON_ICTRL_SIZE
> I4B_MON_EVNT_HDR+I4B_MAX_MON_STRING+10
> everything works.

I prefer to stick to the protocol defined in monitor.h and change the
monitor.c code to: I4B_PUT_2B(ictrl, I4B_MON_ICTRL_NCHAN, 2);

I just commited this change to the NetBSD version of the code.

> BTW: the number of channels per controller seems to be hard-coded to 2 (two)
> channels per controller in /usr/src/usr.sbin/i4b/isdnd/monitor.c!

True. When this code was written there was no support for PRI adapters.
When they got added later, it was not adjusted ;-)

> 3) There is another error in monitor.h
> #define I4B_MON_DRINI_CODE              2      /* event code */
> and
> #define I4B_MON_IDEV_CODE               2
> have the same message code, changing results in correct message generating

I addressed this already in a reply to your last message - it works ok the
way it is, if the client follows closely the comments in monitor.h.

Martin