Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 21:56:37 +0100
From:      Julian Stacey <jhs@jhs.muc.de>
To:        Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org, bv@wjv.com
Subject:   Re: Restricting Users Geographically

Pete Fritchman wrote:
> | Yes, I've been wondering for a year or 2 now when someone might
> | want to enhance `fetch` to take into account accumulated & current
> | net heurisitics, to make sensible local decisions about where to
> | try first to fetch source distfiles/ for the stuff in /usr/ports/
>
> You can always tell it yourself with MASTER_SORT_REGEX, which is
> documented in /etc/defaults/make.conf.

Pete,
I didnt know that existed, that could speed up distfile downloads a lot,
thanks for mentioning it.

Julian
J.Stacey	Munich Unix (FreeBSD, Linux etc) Independent Consultant
 Reduce costs to secure jobs: Use free software: http://bim.bsn.com/~jhs/free/
 Ihr Rauchen = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz !  Schnupftabak probieren !