Date:      Thu, 3 Dec 1998 12:11:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Shawn Ramsey <shawn@cpl.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Next Step ?

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Shawn Ramsey wrote:

> I've been trying to get into a Openstep Release 4.0 computer with no luck. I
> can get in by telnet, but it will not accept logins. Can I mount its drive
> in a FreeBSD machine to backup the drive and do a restore after
> re-installing?

Is this your machine?  Why not just start up in sigle user mode?

I was able to mount a Rhapsody partition on my CURRENT box, but Rhapsody
has bits of FreeBSD in it.  Rhapsody is the next-generation OpenStep, for
all intents and purposes.  I've mounted NFS exports from OpenStep (maybe
NeXTStep) without problems.

I'm probably violating NDAs left and right even mentioning Rhapsody in
this forum, so no questions please :-)

Doug White