Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:18:14 -0800
From:      "Nick Popoff" <mouse@bloodletting.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Building Libnet with the bpf-lkm etherspoof module

Greetings.  I just tried installing libnet via a recently cvsup'd port and
I'm having trouble getting the optional LKM working which enables spoofing
of ethernet source addresses.  Has anyone else had luck doing this?  The
module was included by the Libnet authors to allow users to get around BSD's
BPF implementation which does not allow this. Is this still true?

The README makes reference to FreeBSD 3.x so I wonder if the code is
oudated.  The compile of Libnet-1.0.1b/support/FreeBSD failes with:

ether_mod_load.c 107: 'lkm_nullcmd' undeclared

Any help would be much appreciated.