Date:      Tue, 5 Mar 2002 14:34:08 -0500
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        Alain LIEFOOGHE <alain.liefooghe@free.fr>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Packages

Omitting some of the KDE and other packages from disk1 was intentional,
although I agree with you that it may have been unwise.  Did they really
leave off apache?  I'm astonished at that . . . .

But leaving it off the other disks was a mistake.  Unfortunate, but I'm
pretty sure that won't happen again.

That said, I agree that the way things are divided up makes little sense;
also I haven't installed 4.5 (for exactly this reason), but in 4.4, at least,
FreeBSD isn't "smart" about what's on the other disks, either.

It would make more sense to me to put all the KDE stuff on one disk all the
Gnome stuff on another disk and all the non-English stuff on another disk and
tell people to start with whichever disk makes the most sense for them.

Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                ME -->  http://www.babbleon.org
http://www.eff.org   <-- GOOD GUYS -->  http://www.programming-freedom.org