Date:      Fri, 25 Jun 1999 09:07:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        kpielorz@tdx.co.uk (Karl Pielorz)
Cc:        mladavac@metropolitan.at, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI sound board, apm on a dual PII

Karl Pielorz once wrote:

> Or  it could  be a  voice-enabled modem  that uses  the soundcard  for
> playing  and capturing  voice to  the phone  line, e.g.  "Thankyou for
> calling.  For sales  Press #1",  and "Please  leave your  message now"
> (sound card  then samples the  caller). In  which case the  modem will
> probably work without the sound card, but by the sound of it the modem
> is a WinModem anyway, so it's not going to help you much...

It is :( I found the nice place
	http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/19990624a.html,

where it is  listed as a hopeless winmodem (by  FCC ID G2MUSA-32838) :-(
And on top of it, the sound  card is the Ensoniq's ES-1371, which is not
supported -- only the ES-1370 is.

> If  it   were  me,  I'd  try   to  replace  the  modem   with  a  more
> conventional/compatible one... Just my $0.02's worth.

Sad, the duo appeared so nicely in the Windoz machine...

	-mi