Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 2013 20:40:00 GMT
From:      Paul Beard <paulbeard@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/177416: mail/postgrey has surfaced a bug in perl's taint checking

The following reply was made to PR ports/177416; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Paul Beard <paulbeard@gmail.com>
To: Darren Pilgrim <ports.maintainer@evilphi.com>
Cc: "bug-followup@FreeBSD.org" <bug-followup@FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 13:38:52 -0700

 On Mar 29, 2013, at 12:11 PM, Darren Pilgrim <ports.maintainer@evilphi.com> w=
 rote:

 > Now I think you have a broken perl install that won't be fixed without wip=
 ing out your entire perl install (perl, p5 modules, and everything that uses=
  perl), deleting distfiles, deleting work dirs, portsnapping a fresh tree, t=
 hen reinstalling perl and p5 modules *only* by way of dependencies from othe=
 r ports.

 Which is essentially what I started running a couple of hours ago. I removed=
  perl, including all the numbered/versioned paths, everything p5-* in /var/d=
 b/pkg, all distfiles and work directories. I'll reinstall what was there and=
  then try removing ports that are no longer needed. I don't know of a reliab=
 le way to only build needed ports unless there is an incantation to review a=
  list any only install p5-* based ports.=20

 My guess is there are a few more installs like this just waiting to hit this=
  bug. It would probably be good to find it with a less destructive process. I=
 nteresting that it had been noted in earlier versions of perl on other platf=
 orms.=20

 --
 This space intentionally left blank.=20