Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:16:00 -7
From:      "Jim McIver" <jmciver@lmtribune.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cron mail

Me again... I was following the Compete FreeBsd book along and
came to a section that said to type "crontab crontab" to install and run
the crontab.

Now every 5 minutes root gets an email. Something like:
Cron <root@ns1> root
From: root
To: root
x-cron-env <shell=/bin/sh>
etc....

root not found

I've killed cron to stop the message, but why is it doing this?

My shell is set to /bin/csh and I've tried changing it back to /bin/sh,
(chsh)but the messages just keep coming.

Only line I can see in the crontab file that's causing this is:
/5	*	*........root  /usr/libexec/atrun

I can't seem to come up with enough info on atrun to help, or how to
tell Cron-env that the shell is now /bin/csh.

Any ideas?

Jim McIver