Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 1999 13:42:20 +0100
From:      Cillian Sharkey <cillian@baker.ie>
To:        Langa Kentane <evablunted@earthling.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Boot.flp problem

> While trying to install FreeBSD I came across a problem at the very
> beginning.  When I tried to create the boot disk from boot.flp using rawrite
> there was an error: not enough disk space or something.   The boot.flp that
> I have is about 2.81MB.

there's two files you need to download : kern.flp and mfsroot.flp
both of which fit on a single floppy disk (1.44M) you'll have to
download both, rawrite them to seperate disks and then boot up with
the kern.flp floppy and swap the disks later when it asks you..

as the README.TXT says :

.."If you're on an ALPHA machine which netboots its floppy images or
you have a 2.88MB or LS-120 floppy capable of taking a 2.88MB image
on an x86 machine, you may still wish to use the older (but now
twice as large) boot.flp image which we also provide.  That contains
the contents of kern.flp and mfsroot.flp on a single floppy,"..

Regards,
- Cillian