Date:      Mon, 28 May 2001 20:03:03 -0300
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Latest on ' HEADS UP: loader broken'

David O'Brien wrote:

> > > Oh... This is *NOT* what I expected!
> >
> > Well, this is now more interesting.
>
> It would be interesting to see if you could make it 196 dictthreshold and
> 1536 dictincrease and have it work.  In other words, find the maxium
> values that do work.  I did not know what the defaults were, else I would
> have made my total ugly hack to boot/alpha/common/Makefile.common change
> the values rather than strip them out.

Default values are 0/0, which deactivates the feature.

Alas, decreasing these values, specially the first, can easily _cause_
problems instead of fixing them, but since it supposedly works with 0/0,
that wouldn't happen, unless you made dictincrease <= dictthreshold.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	wow regex humor... I'm a geek