Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 1998 08:17:25 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        sj000000@gccomm.net (sj000000)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Telnet Sign On Messge

In a previous message, sj000000 said:
> Hi all. Sorry for what is most likly 2 stupid questions but after looking
> throught out the mail archives and manual I cann't find the answer.
>
> 1) I wish to add the src pkg  to be able to compile a new kernnel. I didn't
> install ot at system initail creation because i didn't want to leave src's
> on the drive. But now I wish to add it while I create a new kernnel. I have
> all of the pieces is ....aa,ab and so on but i cann't find a tgz version
> that would be installed as a "package" what is the best way to accomplish
> this.

In the same directory you got the ssys.aa .ab etc, there should be an
install.sh. And that will do it for you. The aa ab etc, files are concatinated
together and piped into tar. Something like:

cat ssys.a? | tar -xzvf -

should do it, but I don't remember exact syntax.

> 2)Where is the telnet signon message I wish to change it. But once again I
> don't seem to be able to swammy where it is.

You're probably looking for /etc/gettytab. Modify the im field in default.

> Thanks for your time.
>
> Jeff

How many boards would the Mongrels hoard, if the Mongrel Hoards got bored?
                                -- Calvin