Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 1999 10:02:49 -0600
From:      "Alejandro Ramirez" <ales@megared.net.mx>
To:        <bcohen@bpecreative.com>, "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: PnP Modem Question

Hi,

    I have some things to tell you , the sio0 its the com1 in the DOS world,
and the sio3 its the com 4 in the DOS world, the sio2 and sio3 comes
disabled by default in the GENERIC kernel, and of course any other sioX
after that, so if your modem isnt a winmodem, you will have to enable the
sio4 in your kernel with the apropiate IO addresses and IRQ, and create the
apropiate device node in /dev with "./MAKEDEV sio4" command.

I Hope this helps...
Ales